WHAT IS ALL THE FUSS ABOUT WITH CELERY JUICE?
Is it really as good as people say it is?
Known as a miraculous superfood, believe it or not that simple-looking stalk vegetable has so much to it.
Celery contains lots of antioxidants – which are what protect our cells from the effects of free radicals – molecules produced when the body is exposed to pollutants such as tobacco, smoke or radiation.
It also contains a few helpful vitamins like A, C, B, K, and Folate, plus minerals, and a decent amount of fibre.
What can celery help with?
There is a chemical in celery that’s helpful in protecting the lining of the gastrointestinal tract, which can help prevent ulcers and inflammation. If you drink it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach then it will also strengthen the digestion of foods you eat for the rest of the day.
Celery contains two important electrolytes, potassium and sodium along with more undiscovered mineral salts meaning that it helps to starve pathogens – the cause of a host of unwanted symptoms that go undiagnosed every day
Celery helps to raise your gut’s hydrochloric acid and also helps to balance your Ph. It helps to flush out toxins and boost immunity, and due to being rich in fibre can help boost digestion.
How much can I drink?
The suggested daily amount is up to 15oz per day which can help to help combat and reduce unwanted symptoms such as inflammation, ulcers, muscle spasms, auto-immune, nervousness, headache, fatigue, weight loss, water retention, and bloating. Celery can also be effective in reducing blood pressure because it contains anti-hypertension properties.
What’s not to love with this simple but powerful, and affordable vegetable.
Try it yourself.
Why not Juice 5-10 stalks every morning for 7 days and notice any changes.
ou ever feel guilty for indulging in a spot of daily self-care then just remember that you can’t feed from an empty cup. So whilst self-care has become a bit of a buzz word within wellness circles, that doesn’t mean that it’s not important.
Why do we fail at self-care?
The act of self-care should be easy right? Well, the fact is, that most of us are so busy with our work, families, friends and everything us that me-time is usually the last thing on the agenda. Even worse, we can sometimes feel guilty for carving out some time just for us, even if we need it.
SO INSTEAD OF THINKING YOU DON’T HAVE TIME FOR SELF-CARE, TRY ONE OF OUR EASY WAYS TO PRACTICE SELF-CARE STARTING TODAY…
Treat yourself to some fresh flowers. Fresh flowers can transform a room or even your desk, why wait for someone to buy you a bouquet.
- Treat yourself to a glass of wine, a bar of chocolate and your favourite film/tv program.
- Run a bath, light some candles, add a few drops of essential oils and lie back and relax.
- Treat yourself to a face mask, hair mask and just lie down for 15 minutes and close your eyes and relax.
- Cancel any plans that you don’t want to go ahead with. Don’t feel bad about cancelling, sometimes your needs need to come before others.
- Take the dog for a walk. Don’t have a dog? Then check out our blog post on forest bathing (link below) for a truly immersive experience.
- Take a social media break. You will be surprised how much time is taken up by endless scrolling and you won’t miss out on much.
- Eat something comforting but healthy. There’s nothing better than a good bowl of homemade stew or soup. So whip yourself up a nourishing dish.
- Listen to music that makes you happy. Whatever the genre, if it makes you smile and sing along, crank it up. There’s nothing better than a good dance and sing-song to make you feel good.
- Have a nap! A night of good sleep can make all the difference. Whether you chose to treat yourself to an early night or you indulge in an afternoon nap, just sleep. Use lavender essential oils on your pillow or on the inside of your wrists to help you relax and drift off into the land of nod.