This course is ideal for individuals who would like to become an MHFAider® to gain the knowledge and skills to spot signs of people experiencing poor mental health, be confident to start a conversation and signpost a person to appropriate support.
In addition to the course, you will become part of the largest MHFAider® community in England, gaining access to resources, ongoing learning and 24/7 digital support through our MHFAider Support App®, to give you the tools and knowledge you need to carry out the role effectively and confidently, whether that be in your workplace, a volunteer role, at home or in the community.
What is included in this course?
- Face-to-face course structured across 2 sessions. Each session 9am – 5pm across 2 days.
- Learners will be trained with an MHFA England Instructor Member, covering 14 hours of content in total.
- Learning takes place through a mix of instructor led training, group discussions, individual and group activities.
- Each session builds on the previous, enabling the learner to gain confidence in supporting others with a Mental Health First Aid action plan.
- We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that instructors can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
- We strive for all of our learning content to be as accessible and inclusive as possible.
- Receive three years of certification, plus access to ongoing benefits.
As an MHFAider® you will be able to:
- Recognise those that may be experiencing poor mental health and provide them with first-level support and early intervention
- Encourage a person to identify and access sources of professional help and other supports
- Practise active listening and empathy
- Have a conversation with improved mental health literacy around language and stigma
- Discuss the MHFAider® role in depth, including boundaries and confidentiality
- Practise self-care
- Know how to use the MHFAider Support App®
- Know how to access a dedicated text service provided by Shout and ongoing learning opportunities with MHFA England
What do I receive?
Everyone who completes this course gets:
- A hard copy workbook to support their learning throughout the course
- A digital manual to refer to whenever they need it after completing the course
- A wallet-sized reference card with the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- A digital MHFAider® certificate
- Access to the MHFAider Support App® for three years
- Access to ongoing learning opportunities, resources and exclusive events
- The opportunity to be part of the largest MHFAider® community in England
Once you complete the Mental Health First Aid course, you can test your knowledge and build your confidence in your role as an MHFAider® with the internationally recognised MHFAider® qualification.
Note **2 Tier ticket purchase options at checkout.