Increase your self awareness and improve your communication at this immersive two-day workshop, held in the countryside of Oxford.
In today’s fast-paced world, it’s easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of daily life, losing sight of our own needs and desires. This can lead to feelings of frustration, insecurity, and dissatisfaction. This personal development workshop will help you come back in touch with yourself and others by increasing your self awareness and capacity to communicate effectively.
Why Self Awareness?
Self-awareness is the foundation of personal growth and a key ingredient for a happy and fulfilling life. By understanding our strengths, weaknesses, patterns, and behaviours, we can make informed decisions and navigate life’s challenges with greater confidence.
Our workshop will introduce you to Lumina Spark psychometrics, a powerful tool rooted in Carl Jung psychology that will provide you with a deeper understanding of your personality traits, communication styles, and innate potential. Most importantly, when one increases their self awareness, they become more compassionate to others and able to communicate more effectively.
Why Effective Communication?
Effective communication is not just about expressing our thoughts; it’s about understanding, respecting, and connecting with others on a deeper level. Whether you’re seeking to strengthen your personal relationships, achieve greater clarity in your career, or simply enhance your overall well-being, effective communication is the key.
The Honesty Edge workshop draws from a variety of disciplines, including psychology, physiology, and philosophy, to provide a comprehensive approach to increasing self awareness and improving communication.
This workshop will equip you with actionable strategies to enhance your self-awareness, communicate more authentically and assertively, and cultivate empathy in your interactions with others. You will learn to navigate challenging conversations with confidence, establish healthy boundaries, and build meaningful connections with those around you.
What does this workshop include?
- Self Awareness: Each participant will receive an in-depth Lumina Spark Personality profile which provides a portrait of your whole personality, helping you understand who you really are, what drives you, how you relate to others.
- Conceptual Models: Learn about different theories of psychology and emotions, and how you can apply them in your own life.
- Freedom and limitations of expression: Discover the survival adaptations of honesty and dishonesty, and how to communicate effectively while protecting yourself.
- Self-advocacy: Learn how to make requests in a clear and considerate way, and identify your patterns of manipulation.
- Cultural and systemic considerations: Discuss how culture and systems can impact your ability to be honest.
- Container creation: Learn how to create safe and comfortable spaces for honest communication.
- Communication styles: Identify your own communication style and learn how to adapt to others.
By the end of this workshop, you will have the skills and confidence to have honest conversations, even when they are difficult. You will also have a better understanding of how to advocate for yourself and create relationships based on trust and authenticity.
This workshop is for you if:
You want to learn how to be more honest in your communication.
You want to feel more confident and grounded in your own skin.
You want to learn how to set boundaries.
Learn to set boundaries effectively.
- Paired and group exercises: These exercises will help you to practice the tools taught during the workshop and get an experiential understanding of the concepts whilst also being supported by fellow participants.
- Discussions and concepts: We will discuss different topics, models and theories related to communication.
- Meditation and grounding exercises: To increase your capacity for self-awareness, we will teach several grounding exercises which can help regulate our nervous systems and slow down fast thoughts which can help us become more mindful of our expression of thoughts and feelings.
- Personalised Lumina Spark Psychometric Profile (PDF): You will leave this workshop with an in depth understanding of your own personality and awareness of your own communication strengths and development areas.
We intend for you to leave this workshop feeling more grounded, confident, and connected to yourself and others. We hope you make new friends and keep in contact with your fellow participants.
- The Honesty Edge Workshop – Schedule below:
Saturday: 10am – 7pm (with 90 mins lunch break about 1pm)
Sunday: 10am – 5pm (with 90 mins lunch break about 1pm)
- Yummy Meals (2 lunches + 1 dinner)
- Snacks and Beverages
- Post Workshop Group Zoom Call
- Post Workshop Whatsapp Group
- Personalised Lumina Spark Psychometric Profile
- The Chequers, Burcot (5 minutes by car) Click Here
- The George, Dorchester (8 minutes by car) Click Here
- Clifton Hampden B&B (5 minutes by car) Click Here
Refund Policy for this workshop
We generally have a no refund policy for all bookings. However, you can transfer your ticket to a friend or receive a 50% refund if you cancel your booking at least 30 days before the workshop starts.
This policy is in place because we have to pay for travel, accommodation and catering staff in advance. We appreciate your understanding.
Check out this video below of Mak’s previous workshops to get a sense of what it’s like to work with him: